Monday, August 15, 2011

The latest Blogisode from the Blogosphere, brought to you by the blockheads...

Ok, I mean the NDP. When I was a little kid, a friend of mine and I would sit on a hill in Stephenville, just a mile away from where Kevin Aylward lived, and discuss political parties.

We were children of 6 years old, and did not much care for politics and so had names for each of them. The Lie-berals couldn't tell the truth... the Probably Can'ts because they didn't seem to get elected, and the NDP? We called them the National Dirty Pigs. LOL . . . I kid thee not, remember we were 6 year old children.

However, lately I've been noticing something in the NDP that I find most alarming - they are becoming the Liberal party of the past, at its worst. There was a time when the Liberals would stand for nothing and would take anyone who came along, they cared not for principles nor policies... they didn't care about much really, they would take all comers. Today's NL Liberal party is very different to this however...

This is starting to sound like the NDP, as if they are this kind of party and always have been. I guess it kind of rots me when I hear how wonderful certain moves are that bug the crap out of me such as the crass campaigning at Regatta. But it really starts to get questionable when I see Kurtis Coombs running for the NDP in Mt Pearl North... I mean seriously? Didn't the 19 year old almost-successful mayor of Paradise recently (as in just now, moments ago) run for the PC nod in nearby Topsail? Or was that somewhere in Paradise? It's all so confusing!

Speaking of which, take a look at the NDP slate... the source of the pride and braggadocio espoused in recent calls for a minority PC gov in NL. (I mean come on, calling for a minority government? Are you really that defeatist? Doesn't sound like the guy I once hired to run a newspaper I once owned)

It's a curious lot, to put it mildly. Will Craig Westcott take a place amongst them and run for the NDP on the southern shore or in the CBS general area? Who knows!! But he's free now as he takes his early departure from the Liberal party of Newfoundland and Labrador. A party with the best leader out there...

Where are the leaders? Well, Kevin Aylward is the latest official leader, and the only one with true grit and substance, at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home